Q: DO YOU TAKE WALK-INS?
A: Yes! Walk-ins are taken on a first come first served basis.
You can increase your chances by coming as soon as we open at noon, but if we have an artist available we can take walk-ins anytime during business hours.
Q: CAN I BRING MY INFANT/CHILD TO MY APPOINTMENT?
A: Sorry, we are a strictly 18yrs + facility. Please arrange for childcare when scheduling tattoo appointments.
Q: CAN I BRING MY PET TO MY APPOINTMENT?
A: Sorry, we abide by health code regulations therefore no animals are permitted in the shop (unless they are official Service Animals).
A: Our hourly rate is $180.00+hst per/hr. Our minimum charge is $100.00+hst ($113 total).
Ronan’s rate is $200.00+hst per/hr.
Q: WHAT ARE YOUR STERILIZATION STANDARDS?
A: Imperial Tattoo meets and exceeds all Ontario Health Board standards. Our Staff + Artists are knowledgeable in sterilization and cross contamination prevention, and take great care to adhere to the required practices. Brand new pre-sterilized needles are used for each tattoo application, and both needles and needle bar are disposed of thereafter in Sharps Containers. All Sharps are picked up regularly and incinerated by a professional medical waste disposal company. Barriers are used on all applicable surfaces and equipment to prevent any cross contamination.
Q: HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
A: It’s always faster to book appointments over the phone or in-person so we can quickly find a date that works for both you & your Artist’s availability, but email inquiries are also welcome.
* Please note, we’re unable to provide specific quotes via email/phone or DM. In-person Consultations are necessary in order for the Artist to provide a more specific quote.
Our Hourly Rate is $180+hst & our Minimum Charge is $100+hst.
Q: WHAT’S A CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT?
A: Consultation Appointments are always free, and a critical step in our custom design process, however small + simple designs can often be tattooed without Consultations or done as walk-ins.
Consultations allow your Artist to review your ideas/concepts, explain any discrepancies between what you’re hoping to get done and what’s realistically possible at certain sizes + on certain areas of the body, take the necessary tracings/measurements of the area on the body they will be working with, etc. so they can later create your custom design(s).
Consults are scheduled for the first 1/2hr of the day & the last, and usually run no longer than a half hour.
Please bring any reference images for your tattoo idea(s) including photos, fonts, etc. to your Consultation Appointment to help your Artist get a more accurate understanding of what you’re looking for. It’s always helpful to remain flexible as Tattooers are professionals who offer specialized opinions based on years of experience.
Q: BOOKING TATTOO APPOINTMENTS:
In order to reserve a Tattoo Appointment time a Deposit of (min.) $100+hst is required. Deposits can be made in-person using cash, debit, VISA or Mastercard or online via e-transfer or PayPal. Deposits are applied to the final sitting of your tattoo.
We strongly recommend eating a decent sized meal before your Tattoo Appointment, a full stomach makes the difference between being able to sit for the entire session or not.
Q: WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR TATTOO APPOINTMENT:
- valid photo i.d. *required to get tattooed
- a hydrating beverage (such as electrolyte sports drinks or coconut water)
- please wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to sit or lay with ease for the duration of your tattoo + a warm layer in case you get cold in the air conditioning, etc
- quick, easy snacks for breaks during longer sessions such as protein bars
Q: DO YOU TATTOO PEOPLE UNDER 18 YRS?
A: Unfortunately we will not tattoo anyone under the age of 18.
Regardless of parental permission (in the form of a signed note or in-person attendance) we will not adjust our policy & can’t tattoo you until your 18th birthday. Give us a call once you’re eighteen & we’ll give you a great first tattoo! (416) 531-6666.
Q: DO YOU ACCOMMODATE VEGANS?
A: Absolutely! Imperial Tattoo has been vegetarian-owned and operated for 11 years & supports local vegan/vegetarian businesses/organizations such as Toronto Vegetarian Association whenever possible. We carry vegan inks + supplies, from stencil paper to petroleum jelly, and love working on vegan-themed tattoos. Be sure to request our vegan tattoo supplies for your next tattoo & we’ll make sure every step of the way is cruelty free.
Q: DO YOU DO PIERCINGS?
Q: DO YOU SELL GIFT CARDS?
A: Yes! Gift Cards can be purchased in-person using cash, debit, VISA or Mastercard or online via e-transfer or PayPal.
Some Shop Policies to Note:
- Please do not bring infants or children to your appointments, Imperial Tattoo is 18yrs +
- No animals allowed (except for Service Animals)
- Photo identification + completion of a Consent Form is required each and every time you get tattooed for insurance purposes
- No more than two acquaintances are allowed into the tattoo booth during your session. We understand that individuals may like company/support, but additional people in a booth can be distracting to our Artists
- We will not tattoo or tolerate any racist/homophobic/fascist or otherwise hateful imagery, words or gang related tattoos. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.